As I stare out the window of the airplane from seat 12A, I am reminded of the awesome mountains that our great Lord has created. I'm so blessed to be able to see this awesome wonder and it does make me miss Colorado that much more.
So then, what else am I thankful for on this special day that honors mothers?? Well, C of course!! I wouldn't be a mother without him- he completes me in ways I could have never imagined!! I'm honored and blessed to be his momma!!
In that same time, I'm reminded of the struggle we have had to build our family. I'm reminded of the miscarriage and the baby we lost last June. And today I'm reminded that our 4th Artificial Insemination (IUI) that we had 2 weeks ago was a failure as I was cursed with my cycle this morning.
Mothers Day is a day to celebrate motherhood. I feel for those women who would give anything to be a mother and on this day they are constantly reminded of their flaws and inability to conceive. We didn't choose to be infertile- we didn't choose to have heartache every month when another treatment cycle doesn't work- we didn't choose to be the 1/10 that doesn't fit into our group of friends who all are pregnant and having babies- we didn't choose this life.
I do, however, choose to be proactive- taking the steps I need to in-order to be a mother to multiple children. As hard as that is for me at this moment, I rejoice knowing that the Lord has great plans for us (our family). We have already been so blessed and we hope to someday welcome another blessing.
A few more things to be thankful for today: my amazing husband, C. Without him I wouldn't be a mother- together we created the most perfect little man in the world! He has been by my side all these years, never judging, never making me feel inadequate, never pushing for more than he knows I can go through. Of course he wants another little one, but he is always right by my side encouraging and praying that in the right time we will be blessed. I don't know how I could have ever gotten through any of this without him!
And my amazing mother- although she has no idea what I am going through, she is a constant support for me to cry with, talk with, and pray with. Thank you momma- today I celebrate you!!!
Happy Mother’s Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment