Wednesday, February 9, 2011

love deeply, live lightly

My dear friend Jessica sent me this blog the other day as a source of comfort. I was so thankful that others are willing to share their journey with infertility struggles.

I don't think that I realized until after reading a few times over how moving the words that Sarah, the blog author, wrote. All the words are just perfect - perfect in every way!

"This is not the road I would have chosen. These are not experiences I would wish on anyone. Yet, through the events of the last 18 months I have learned more about who I am and who God is than ever before."

Don't think that I could have said that anymore perfectly. This infertility struggle in my life has been the hardest thing that I have ever been through. I don't wish it on anyone. But I am more confident now than ever that God has an amazing plan for our life and I am finally willing to accept it and wait for His lead.

"I am entitled to nothing and nothing I own is truly mine. Walking in freedom, though it is freedom I must surrender to, makes me more alive and more of who God created me to be than walking in fear with fists clinched tight.

Finally and above all, I have realized how deeply the truth of God penetrates and propels my life.

And the truth is that God is good.

God has been good.

God will be good.

God is still good.

No matter what comes. No matter what goes.

God is good."

Words more powerful than any statement I could ever make! I am accepting it as my own and knowing that there is healing in surrendering to the Lord.  I can admit, I have struggled immensely! There are days I want to give up on Him and my faith and walk away from knowing there is something greater, but I won't. As Sarah states in her post, "God is Good!" And in time there will be healing and strength.
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment