Monday, December 27, 2010

moving on - again!

Well, IUI #3 was a fail as well. I was supposed to go for all my labs this morning to determine if I was pregnant or not, but I started my period last Thursday instead. It was a rough day. Not only that, but it was my last day at my job, so it made for an emotional day!! And coming off all the hormone medications don't help - I'm a negative Nancy and a sad Sandy, all at the same time!!

So, time to move on. It’s been a long 14 months with 10 failed fertility treatments to date. We are going to take a break for a few months. I’m emotionally and physically drained.

We have ordered all the meds to do our first IVF (in-vitro fertilization) in the early spring, but we can always change our minds once we get there. The great part is working for my fertility specialist, she is going to waive all the professional fees - that's a huge $$ saver! Such a blessing if we decide to go that route.

I was watching Giulianna & Bill today on TV though, and IVF scares me now! She had so many problems with her egg retrieval and wound up being in the hospital for days - yikes! I know there is risk with any procedure, but that is just scary!

Anyway - we had a blessed Christmas and I have been reminded just how important and special Corbin is to me. He truly is my miracle baby and a blessing more than words can say!

No comments:

Post a Comment