Monday, July 18, 2011

treasure every moment

yesterday in sunday school, another gal announced that she was pregnant with #3.  a few months ago i would have probably left the room crying, but im glad to report that i didn’t!  i am very excited for them; babies are blessings from above.  however, what really got me is the fact that they kept going on and on about how “shocked” they were and that it was not planned.  well, yay for you!  but let me give you a quick lesson on how babies are made – or not – most of us know.  but it is really hard for the 3 of us in class who are/have struggled with infertility in the past to sit and hear it.  probably because we just don’t understand.  must be nice to just get pregnant without trying – but im sure things are always greener on the other side.

this past week I have been reading a blog on a sweet little man named james who went to be with the Lord on saturday.  You can read his story here: http://www.jamescamdensikes.blogspot.com/
if i have learned anything this week its that don’t take for granted what is right in front of you because it can be gone in an instant.  treasure every moment you are blessed to have with those around you because you never know when it may be your last.  I know for me this is taking the time to slow down and enjoy every single minute with c because it passes all too quickly and those little ones grow up so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Their story had Matt and I in tears!! I have prayed for that family over and over again. Such a loss has to be debilitating. I can't even imagine. It is in the moments of those stories where God really helps put things into perspective for me!

    ReplyDelete