Friday, October 14, 2011

ivf is a go!

Here we go!  I’m so excited, scared, nervous!  We have officially started the IVF process and will know in just 8 weeks if we are pregnant (or not!).  At the end of this long and crazy process we will know that we have tried everything in our power to have another biological child.
Big C and I had a long, not so pleasant, conversation last week about all the pros and cons for this extreme way to conceive a baby.  I was in tears for most of it.  I honestly did think that we would ever have to have this conversation.  Who knew having a baby would be so hard/expensive/emotional/physically demanding??  In the end, we both know that we are doing the right thing so that we don’t regret it later down the line.  We are so blessed right now because our insurance (which ends December 31) covers most of the in-vitro procedure.  Yes, we are still looking to put out a good chunk of $$, but it’s better than $12k later on down the road.
I have lost 12 pounds and down a full clothing size.  My blood sugars are regulated and doing well.  Feeling good!!
I started the birth control pills last night.  We were laughing because it clearly states on the package ‘do not take if you are planning on becoming pregnant.’  HAHA!  Cracked us up.  We have to keep some humor in this whole process because when he starts sticking me in the butt with long needles everyday that will not be so funny!  But really, I have not been on bcp’s for 6 years – this is going to be different to have to remember it every day.  But I just have to keep remembering the end result.
I’m hopeful.  I’m comforted having a wonderful doctor and supportive staff.  I’m blessed with a loving husband and partner.  I’m ready!
Thanks for joining us in this journey.  My blog will be a place for me to document the whole process and give some of you who have not been through this insight on what we are going though.  Questions are welcome!  And for those of you who have been through it, any words of encouragement are welcomed as well!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm super excited for you guys!!! I wish you all the luck and love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's time!!! Keeping my prayers going strong!

    ReplyDelete