The past few days I have been having the strangest symptoms. I have been super nauseated, my boobs have been hurting, I'm super moody and emotional, and so incredibly tired. So I decided to take a urine pregnancy test, which was negative. So yesterday we (we being my nurse and I) decided to draw a HCG quant pregnancy blood test and send it out for a same day STAT result.
The lab called a few hours later with an abnormal lab result for me and wanted to talk to the nurse. WHAT?!?! Abnormal? Abnormal on a pregnancy test would mean the numbers were high/out of range and that indeed I was pregnant!!!! I was sick - literally had to sit down, so excited, heart racing, head spinning!! After 17 months of trying was I really pregnant with no infertility treatments this month?!?! WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
The long and the short of the story - the lab tech didn't know what abnormal was for an HCG quant. My levels were under 2, which is normal in a non-pregnant female!! It was not abnormal at all - and so not prego! Ugg - it killed me because for 10 seconds it was the most exciting time ever - almost as exciting as the time the Dr told me that I was pregnant with Corbin after years of trying.
And now that feeling is gone - just like that. I want that feeling back. Maybe someday. Not today, not tomorrow, maybe not even next month - but hopefully sometime in the near future.
Yesterday was so full of excitement - yet so full of disappointment -
No comments:
Post a Comment