Tuesday, April 12, 2011

journal entries- recap

2 short weeks after that last journal entry on November 23 I found out that I was 6.5 weeks pregnant on December 4, 2007!! Miracle:-)

I had made an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist/fertility specialist just for an initial evaluation for my irregular cycles and trying to conceive. I went thinking I would have the initial consultation and they could tell me where to go from here. Of course I was by myself as Chad was stuck in meetings all afternoon. The Dr said that it sounded like a classic case of Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) where I have irregular period and don't ovulate like I should. They went ahead and drew some more lab work and decided to do an ultrasound to check my ovaries.

I was so uncomfortable laying there on the table getting that ultrasound!! After they started looking around inside, the Dr looked at the sono tech and said, "Do you see that?" - See what?!?!? Don't freak me out! "Yes" said the nurse, "Do you want to tell her or should I?" - WHAT is going on?!?!

"You see that little flickering on the screen?" the Dr said. "Umm - yea..." I said. "Well, that is your baby's heartbeat! Congrats! Looks like you won't be needing our help after all."

OMG - did he really just say that? I was really pregnant and I had no clue? I just took a urine pregnancy test last week and it was negative!! WOW - there are no words to describe that one moment!! Pure bliss and prayers to God for his mercy and answered prayers!

I look back and our struggle to get pregnant our first time around and it was not nearly as stressful and emotional as round 2 has been. Conceiving C was such a miracle and so unexpected - guess that's what you get when you "give up." So blessed that I was finally pregnant!!! And it was an amazing pregnancy as well - happiest moment in my life - until I met my beautiful son:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment