everything seems to be right on track to start our IVF next month – oh wait! no its not – we are missing one key ingredient – one of my medications to keep me from ovulating before i go into the operating room for egg retrieval! lupron is on a national shortage and is on backorder until the fall for all major specialty pharmacies, which causes not just problems for patients like me, but for all IVF patients all over the united states. uggg! just when i thought that we saw light at the end of the tunnel and there was a date in sight, i now have to wonder if things are going to change….not very comforting in this uncomfortable situation! i have to remember though, this is not the end of the world, its just another factor to keep our infertility journey interesting. just trying to take it all with a grain of salt right now and not get even more anxious about the whole thing since i already am. all in God’s timing, jenica, all in His perfect timing!
I heard about this shortage! I also heard it caused the price to jump incredibly! Do you have to wait until fall or is it possible some may show up? I'm sure there are many very frustrated IVF patients out there (and doctors too).
ReplyDeleteKyle
At this point it just a waiting game to see if I can get any. My insurance will cover most of it, thank goodness, so hopefully I will know something soon or see if my Dr will let me use compounded lupron -
ReplyDelete