Goodbye white stomach - you soon will be full of fun colors in the yellow and brown spectrum. You will become numb from being poked so many times a day. Luckily this first week you will only be stuck once a day. But next week it will be numerous times a day. Before we get too far ahead, let me tell you what I will be putting into you -
Today we started the Lupron. Lupron suppresses the pituitary gland (the gland which is normally responsible for triggering ovulation) and will stop the production of LH (luteinizing hormone) and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) so that ovulation will not happen on its own spontaneously.
The first shot was not terrible. The needles are so little and it was relatively quick. I gave it to myself, just as I have in the past with the other shots for treatment cycles we have been through.
However, about 15 minutes after my shot my injection site got really red and swollen, almost like a bug bite, and was itching really bad. I started to feel dizzy and nauseated. Who knows what that was all about - I hope it doesn't happen again tomorrow. The swelling and itching has stopped now, so I don't think there is anything to worry about.
So goodbye little/big white tummy - hopefully you being tortured for the next few weeks will result in an amazing miracle!
Good Luck Lady!!!! I am truly wishing you the very best :)
ReplyDelete