Wednesday, November 2, 2011

ivf consultation

We had our IVF consultation with Dr Lawrence on Monday.  I think that Big C walked out of there feeling more overwhelmed and confused than before.  Although, I have to say that I was a little overwhelmed too and I started questioning everything!!  Why are we doing this?  Why do we have to go through all this to have a baby?  Why, why, why?!?!  Dr Lawrence was so through on walking us through every step that we will be going through the next 5 weeks.  Crazy to think that I will know in less than 2 months if it all worked and if I’m pregnant!!
We had to sign our lives away on a huge consent form.  We had to decide what we are going to do if we have left over embryo’s that we don’t transfer and what happens to them if we decide that we don’t want to use them at a later date and time.  So many thought provoking questions and decisions to be made.  Then we get to do it all over again before I go under anesthesia for the procedure in a month!  Eeeek!
We then met with the nurse, Coral, for our injection teaching.  I am pretty comfortable with giving myself the injections from all the last IUI’s we did.  But Big C was able to practice his shot giving skills on a cube with the consistency of a bottom.  I still am nervous about him giving my shots in the backside, but know that it will be worth it in the end.
So – now we continue to wait.  I just finished 3 weeks of BCP’s and only have 2 more to go before I start my lupron injections on the 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment