Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I’m 0 weeks and craving a baby!!

Thank you, Facebook, for making women like me think that they are the only not getting pregnant!  There are days that I hate getting on Facebook because I always run across a few friends announcing their pregnancies.  As happy as I am, its sometimes hard to deal with 2-3 per day!! 

Last night my friend C posted on Facebook:  I’m 0 weeks and craving a baby!

Genius!!  Its exactly what I have been wanting to say and just can't get out!!  So that got me thinking about how many people this really is affecting and I found an article written by Rachel Gurevich on this exact 'game' that women are participating in:

"I really can't imagine any woman who either is currently dealing with infertility or has dealt with infertility participating in this new meme. Nor can I imagine any breast cancer survivor wanting to play along - especially those who have lost their fertility due to cancer or cancer treatments...... But this new meme - where essentially you give the impression that you're pregnant, when you're not - isn't funny. Not at all.  Given that breast cancer survivors often become infertile, I can't imagine that the creator of this meme thought things through. I'm hoping this meme will die out sooner than the others. I'm hoping that whoever comes up with these things comes up with something else, something less painful to those experiencing infertility, and especially less painful to cancer survivors who lost their fertility."


Maybe when I get brave enough I will post this as my status update:

''I'm 0 weeks and craving a baby!  Infertility affects 7.3 million people in the United States alone, affecting as many as 1 in 8 couples. Like me. Learn more about raising awareness for infertility.'

No comments:

Post a Comment