Ah – my lovely little uterus! Its about the size of my fist. And right now I would like to take my fist and punch the crap out of it so it would work properly! And my ovaries. And my tubes. And my cervix – all the whole female reproductive anatomy that we women were blessed with.
I had my SHG (sonohystogram) and TET (trial embryo transfer) in the office last week. This test is to make sure there are no abnormalities inside my uterus prior to IVF and so that the Dr can essentially “map-out” how far she needs to put the catheter before the embryo transfer so its right the first time. HA – was I in for it! I had talked to a few of our other patients who had been through it and they told me it was a piece of cake – really easy diagnostic procedure, just uncomfortable, but not painful.
Really? Do you have an “S” curvature to your cervix so that the catheter doesn’t go in properly?? Did the Dr make you cough just so that she could shove that little piece of plastic with a balloon on the end inside of you? YIKES! Lets just say that it wasn’t pleasant at all!! I have a tricky cervix, so tricky that during my egg retrieval she will need to put a few stiches into it while I’m under anesthesia so that she can pull them down during transfer to make it straight.
Then, not only does my ovaries look like chocolate chip cookies (anyone hungry?) and my cervix is messed up, but my uterus apparently does party tricks!! Oh yea, that’s right, just like a dog?? Its like a ‘Triple Dipper Deal’ at Chili’s – not only is it retro-verted back, but if you poke it enough it will fold on my C-section scar like a taco, AND if you keep messing with it, it flips forward to the place that it needs to be. The bad part is, you never know what you are going to get, which is no good come embryo transfer day! They will have me drinking water and peeing all day just to get the right combo of my bladder pushing on my uterus! Good timesJ
So – IVF is the only way of going now. I feel like we have wasted the last 2 years trying all these methods that we thought were going to work, but haven’t due to all these issues that were unknown until now. I know its for a reason and its all in God’s timing –He has an ultimate plan, its still just hard to be patient and wait.
We are set for stimulation on Thanksgiving weekend. Praying that we can use the next few months of preparation to glorify Him and let His will be done through our entire journey.
Party tricks, anyone?? J
Wow... I'm sorry to hear this, but happy that you have an answer now, and that you guys can move forward in a direction that will give you the best chances! I will keep you in my thoughts ♥
ReplyDeleteWOW!! Talk about a crazy uterus! What an amazing miracle it is that you were able to conceive C!! I'm so happy you have answers and a plan! Sounds like you have an amazing doctor! Blessings to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteThanks, girls!!
ReplyDelete